- Oct '19 - Pauwstraat 13A, 3512 TG Utrecht
Trainings for the Not-Yet (14 Sep 2019–12 Jan 2020) at BAKbasisTrainings for the Not-Yet
An exhibition as a series of trainings for a future of being together otherwise, convened with a multitude of collaborators by Jeanne van Heeswijk and BAK, basis voor actuele kunst, Utrecht
Jeanne van Heeswijk, Laura Raicovich, Adelita Husni-Bey, Patricia Kaersenhout, Shumaila Anwar, Habiba Chrifi-Hammoudi, Joy Mariama Smith, Adrian Piper, Denise Valentine, Nancy Jouwe, Black Quantum Futurism, Chloë Bass, Beatrice Catanzaro, Kolar Aparna, Mehbratu Efrem Gebreab, Yasmine Eid-Sabbagh, Clara Balaguer, Gabriel Fontana, Fran Ilich, Jun Saturay, Ying Que, Bakudapan Food Study Group, Michael Rakowitz, Afrikaanderwijk Coöperatie, Superuse Studios, Freehouse, De Voorkamer, W.A.G.E, Philadelphia Assembled, Staci Bu Shea, Laced-Up Project, Whitney Stark, Carmen Papalia, Zein Nakhoda, Homebaked Community Land Trust (CLT), Homebaked Bakery, Homegrown Collective, Selçuk Balamir, Joska Ottjes, Irene Calabuch Mirón, Ethel Baraona Pohl, We Are Here, Elke Uitentuis, Abdulaal Hussein, Paul de Bruyne, New Women Connectors, Lieneke Dwars, Stranded FM, Welkom in Utrecht, Gabriel Erlach, Ultra-red, Mustapha Seray Bah, Goldsmith.Company, Extinction Rebellion Utrecht, Angel Bat Dawid, the Basic Activist Kitchen
- Jun '19 -
Trainings for the Not-Yet, An exhibition as a series of trainings for a future of being together otherwiseBAK announcement: With great pride and excitement, BAK, basis voor actuele kunst in Utrecht announces Trainings for the Not-Yet, a project convened by artist Jeanne van Heeswijk. An exhibition that unfolds through a series of trainings in civic engagement, radical collectivity, and active empowerment, the project brings together collaborators from various fields and communities to create and practice alternative imaginings of being together in the face of the pressing emergencies that shape the world today.
- Jun '19 - BAK basis voor actuele kunst, Utrecht
Propositions #8: I Wanna Be Adored (the Non-Fascist Remix)BAK, basis voor actuele kunst in Utrecht proudly presents Propositions #8: I Wanna Be Adored (the Non-Fascist Remix), an evening program of performance, music, installations, hosted space, dancing, bites, and celebration with the BAK 2018/2019 Research Fellows. The program is the culmination of the BAK 2018/2019 Fellowship Program, in which the Fellows individually and collectively developed their research dealing with the pressing issues of the contemporary. Propositions #8: I Wanna Be Adored (the Non-Fascist Remix) synthesizes the research and learning trajectory of the past ten months, and addresses it through a celebratory spatial experience of a party otherwise.
- Oct '18 - Utrecht
BAK Fellowship 2018/2019Proud to announce to be one of the ten Fellows who got a 2018/2019 research position at BAK, basis voor actuele kunst in Utrecht. I am going to develop a curriculum of #CommunityLearnings and developing test sites to enact trainings for the “Not Yet.” #TrainingForTheNotYet
- Sep '17 - 2525 Pennsylvania Ave, Philadelphia
Philadelphia AssembledPhiladelphia Assembled joins art and civic engagement. Shaped by hundreds of collaborators, it tells a story of radical community building and active resistance. Challenging, inspiring, and as big as the city, Philadelphia Assembled asks: how can we collectively shape our futures?
- Apr '17 - Homebaked, Liverpool
'This is not about gentrification’A cooperative bakery in the shadow of Liverpool FC’s stadium is aiming to transform a derelict terrace into affordable homes for the local community. As Liverpool FC’s Anfield stadium gleams in the April sunshine, the abandoned, steel-shuttered houses cowering in its shadow serve as a poignant reminder of the impact developments can have on their host communities.
- recent events
- tue. 19 may '20Training for the Not-Yet: Protocols in the Making
- fri. 1 may '20A Call for New Organizational and Collective Forms After COVID19
- wed. 29 apr '20Practicing Tactical Solidarities: A Roundtable on Mutual Aid, Emergency, and Continuous Care
- sun. 12 jan '20Trainings for the Not-Yet (14 Sep 2019–12 Jan 2020)
- sun. 22 dec '19#TFTNY - Closing dinner with Bakudapan Food Study Group
- wed. 18 dec '19#TFTNY 22 - Kitchen Atlases Training with Bakudapan
- Jun 19, 2020Mapping layers of oppression and neighborhood empowerment #Afrikaanderwijk #RotterdamLaw Freehouse: Radicalizing the Local on view from June 20th till July 27th @GemaalopZuid A map in process, working and annotation during upcoming weeks #WiderPerspectives The map narrates the story of the struggle for the right to live well in the Afrikaanderwijk neighborhood of Rotterdam. From 2008 onward Freehouse and the Afrikaander @wijkcooperatie has worked at inclusive urban development #DevelopmentWithoutDisplacement through cultural and economic self-organization. Radicalizing the Local shows the process of building a collaborative political economy by knitting together everyday cultural and economic practices into stronger networks and urban unions, evolving into a new organizational form on the scale of a neighborhood. #NewOrganisationalForm Wider Perspectives ‘Zichtbaar verbonden’ is on view this weekend at the @wijkcooperatie from 12-17h during South Explorer Art Route in Rotterdam South.
- Jun 19, 2020Regeneration: Open Call for New Institutions Through its annual Fellowship programme, @nieuweinstituut acknowledges and gives visibility to research projects offering departures from established modes of thinking. For this iteration, the Open Call for Fellows focuses on the theme ‘Regeneration. New Institutional Practices.’ The 2020 programme invites collectives to take current conditions of burn-out and exhaustion as a point of departure to generate forms of collective organization and action. Honoured to be part of this year's jury panel choosing two collectives. Please comrades apply! Application deadline 24 July. This year’s call specifically invites collectives to apply, and aims to support collaborative practices within design, architecture and digital culture, extending beyond the notion of individual authorship. #NewOrganisationalForm #SelfOrganization #CollectivePractice
- Jun 18, 2020Super excited that the Gemaal got a positive advice for its cultural programming for the next 4 years. #RadicalizeTheLocal Repost from @gemaalopzuid • We zijn zo blij met het positieve advies van de @r_r_k_c voor het cultuurprogramma van de Afrikaander @wijkcooperatie in het Gemaal op Zuid!
- Jun 17, 2020Wij zien jullie. Important letter: zie in bio
- May 15, 2020Training for the Not-Yet: Protocols in the Making Tuesday May 19, 2020 12– 2:00 pm EDT A preview of the Vera List Center’s program cycle As for Protocols, this online event is convened by Dutch artist Jeanne van Heeswijk-an extension of her research Training for the Not-Yet, which manifested at BAK basis voor actuele kunst, Utrecht in 2019. Her project develops a curriculum of community learnings through theoretical frameworks, performative workshops, creating “learning objects” and developing test sites to enact training for the “not-yet.” Comprised of a series of collective exercises, interventions, and a musical performance by composer Angel Bat Dawid @angeltheoracle , artist Adelita Husni-Bey @house.of.platitudes , designer Sandra Lange, and artist Joy Mariama Smith, the event will unfold as a score or set of protocols for sharing different realities, making the space of the not-yet a generative place for intimacy and commitment. #TFTNY #BecomingCollective Presented by the Vera List Center for Art and Politics at The New School as prelude to our 2020-2022 focus theme As for Protocols. Free and open to all. Zoom Registration is required via @veralistcenter Photo: Performance by Patricia Kaersenhout & Angel Bat Dawid, Trainings for the Not-Yet, BAK basis voor actuele kunst in collaboration with Le Guess Who?, 2019. Photo by Tom Janssen.
- May 14, 2020Some serious spring cleaning at the studio