- Oct '18 - Utrecht
BAK Fellowship 2018/2019Proud to announce to be one of the ten Fellows who got a 2018/2019 research position at BAK, basis voor actuele kunst in Utrecht. I am going to develop a curriculum of #CommunityLearnings and developing test sites to enact trainings for the “Not Yet.” #TrainingForTheNotYet
- Sep '17 - 2525 Pennsylvania Ave, Philadelphia
Philadelphia AssembledPhiladelphia Assembled joins art and civic engagement. Shaped by hundreds of collaborators, it tells a story of radical community building and active resistance. Challenging, inspiring, and as big as the city, Philadelphia Assembled asks: how can we collectively shape our futures?
- Apr '17 - Homebaked, Liverpool
'This is not about gentrification’A cooperative bakery in the shadow of Liverpool FC’s stadium is aiming to transform a derelict terrace into affordable homes for the local community. As Liverpool FC’s Anfield stadium gleams in the April sunshine, the abandoned, steel-shuttered houses cowering in its shadow serve as a poignant reminder of the impact developments can have on their host communities.
- Sep '16 - Veem House for Performance Amsterdam
Book launch What's the Use?What's the Use? Constellations of Art, History, and Knowledge (Valiz, Van Abbemuseum, L'Internationale, 2016), is a collection of essays on the 'uses' of art. The starting point of the Reader is that art is an integral part of social, economic, and political processes, and that it is best understood in dialogue with these contexts, rather than as a 'thing in itself'. In their contributions, artists and writers explore the exchange between art, use, knowledge and history; now and in the past.
- Sep '16 - Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art, Rotterdam
ROTTERDAM CULTURAL HISTORIES #9: MANIFESTA 1 REVISITEDThursday 8 September from 20.00 hrs, Rotterdam Cultural Histories #9: Manifesta 1 Revisited will open in the shared space between TENT and Witte de With. This ninth edition revolves around Manifesta 1, the travelling European biennale that had its very first edition in Rotterdam from June to August 1996. Through never before shown archival and video material, this edition of Rotterdam Cultural Histories aims to shed some light on the coming about of the first Manifesta Biennale and the artworks shown.
- Jun '16 - DAMN Magazine
Article in DAMn #58JEANNE VAN HEESWIJK'S FIXINGS
Jeanne van Heeswijk sees herself as a mediator, an intermediary between a situation, a space, a neighbourhood, and the people connected therewith. Encountering and communicating are key concepts in her practice. She only acts once the nuances of the context have been thoroughly determined.
- recent events
- sat. 2 mar '19Utrecht for Her: Voices of New Women
- tue. 19 feb '19“On Belongings and the Politics of Relation” Lecture at Harvard University
- sat. 26 jan '19Workshop at E-flux journal and Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art present “Exile”
- thu. 6 dec '18Public lecture at Fashion held in Common
- wed. 7 nov '18Lecture at Hardcore This-That (WdKA Social Practices)
- mon. 1 oct '18BAK Fellowship 2018/2019
- Mar 8, 2019#internationalwomensday Snap from last week’s BAK Fellow Intensive in Barcelona. Repost from @ethel_baraona • This, today. From @descontroled ~ gracias a @lacolarq @crisgammmboa @ciutatinvisible @bordacoop @coopolis_bcn por una jornada maravillosa con @bakbasis @jeanneworks
- Mar 1, 2019Preparing for Saturday’s gathering @bakbasis with New Women Connectors #repost #BAKutrecht How do you like our new pillows? We are busy preparing a space for a gathering of the New Women Connectors, which takes place this Saturday at BAK. The New Women Connectors gather refugee and migrant women from all backgrounds to learn about and share challenges that women newcomers experience, and how to veer these challenges toward solutions for policy and community forums to act upon effectively. It provides the opportunity to connect and share stories, experiences, and knowledge, in order to explore the ways of women empowerment. This gathering is part of a new series of collaborations between BAK, basis voor actuele kunst and New Women Connectors. The collaboration is called BAK, basis voor New Women Connectors, and takes place in the framework of a forthcoming project initiated by BAK and artist and BAK 2018/2019 Fellow Jeanne van Heeswijk in September-December 2019.
- Feb 18, 2019Jeanneworks.net tells about the people and their labour involved in the production of my works since 1993. First created as part of the exhibition ‘Arbeid’ #labour in Berlin #patato sculpture. The database designed by Maurits de Bruijn gave structure to the website. Since this week it got a huge update and redesign, thanks Maurits! Also I am busy working on a project in BAK, Utrecht (Opening September 2019). Check the website once in a while for new updates #Jeanneworks #Typologies #Capacities #KnittingNetworks
- Jan 14, 2019Sunday evening we toasted on the new year @wijkcooperatie and enjoyed a great concert of Marjolein Meijers. At the second #Zuidtopia muziekmatinee at the Gemaal op Zuid. Where Marloes Alblas, talked about Berini’s, entrepreneurship, and family business in the Afrikaanderwijk. #CooperativeEconomies #GetLocal
- Jan 11, 2019Angela showing me my place (in the bakery) / Finding yourself on the toilet. Beautiful to see how Homebaked Bakery is thriving #MorePiesEveryday #Herstories #Nonliniairtimelines @HomebakedLiverpool
- Jan 11, 2019#HappyNewYear to Homebaked. It’s going to be an exciting one! As the Homebaked CLT starts to build collectively new houses and shops in 2019. I visited Liverpool before the holidays and attended the first Venue Design Meeting #CooperativeEconomies #CommunityLandtrust #FracturingScale @homebakedliverpool